DRIFT EVENT Miami
Car Street Racing Event Date: May 15, 2010 Location: County Line Dragway, Okeechobee, and Chrome Avenue.
(like me), come to County Line Dragway were you will get the chance to run your car and learn all the fundamentals of drifting. With this practice/training session you can hone in your skills and become a better drifter or competitor. Also the fact thats its the only event here in Miami for a safe and legal venue to do drifting is a big plus.
Below are the rules for the event taken from SFLDRIFTERS.com
Gates open: 6PM
Drifting starts: 7PM
Event ends: 11:30PM
Cost: $25 to Drift, $10 to Spectate, $5 to Ridealong
1. Battery properly secured and positive terminal covered (NO BELTS or TAPE).
2. Engine compartment free of loose items (air filter, hoses, wires, etc).
3. No fluid leaks or exposed wires.
4. Brake lights and headlights function properly (at least two red functioning brake lights).
5. Seats and seatbelts are properly secured and mounted.
7. Brake pads and rotors in good condition.
8. Wheels and wheel bearings are tight and road worthy.
9. Windshield is free of cracks which might obstruct the driver’s vision with at least 1 functioning driver-side windshield wiper.
10. Helmet is SNELL certified M95 or SA95 or newer and free of damage. NO BICYCLE HELMETS!!!!
11. No loose items in passenger compartment or trunk.
12. Roll bar in open cars is required.
1. DO AS I SAY!!
2. Drive slow in the pit area.
3. Don’t drift in the pit area.
4. Do not stop in the middle of the road in the pit area.
5. Park your car to the edge of the road when changing tires. Meaning your front tires on the grass and your rear tires on the road or vice-versa.
5. Maintain a single run line. Even if you’re going to tandem with someone.
6. Be ready to show me your wristband when lining up to run. Both driver and passenger.
7. Stop drifting after the shutoff cone.
8. If you fail to drift a turn properly, do not go back and attempt it again.
9. Don’t hit anyone or anything.
10. After the event is done, take all your items with you. Including your tires.